Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this recipe after trying a store bought Tapenade a couple years ago. It was great, but very expensive for such a small amount. I serve it with homemade toasts or store bought bagel chips. Enjoy!
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives (I get medium or large)
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive
- 1 (15 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts (or if you have the small jars or marinated hearts, use 2 jars)
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove (I use 2!)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 fresh basil leaves (1/2 tbs dried- use fresh if at all possible)
- black pepper
- In a food processor, add all olives and capers. Process until coarsely chopped. Do not puree! Transfer to a bowl.
- Add to processor artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, basil, and garlic. Process until coarsely chopped. Transfer to bowl with the olive mixture.
- Mix in the olive oil and parmesean cheese by hand.
- Garnish with fresh italian parsley or basil leaves if you like.
- If you want to increase this recipe in a pinch, you can add 1 extra can of black olives. I've done this when a few extra guests show up that I was not planning on!
We really liked this tapenade. Nice combination of flavors. I added double the sun dried tomatoes and skipped the oil, since I used oil marinated artichoke hearts. Took your suggestion to add parsley, and it went well too. Tried on crackers, as well as grilled pizza.