Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yummy, easy chicken recipe that can be grilled, baked in the oven or sautéed on the stove. So simple! The longer the meat marinates the better. I serve this with some rice that has a bit of turmeric stirred through, but you can use plain if you must. A must with my Cucumber Yogurt dip. Would also make a great satay-like appetizer using skewered chicken and the dip.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika or 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, with red pepper flakes added
- salt & pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a ziploc to marinade. The longer this sits the better. I usually like to throw it in the bag in the morning to eat that evening.
- Of course, in a pinch, marinading is not necessary, but the chicken won't be nearly as tender.
- Grill, broil, bake or sauté the chicken till no longer pink inside, about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with turmeric scented rice and cucumber yogurt dip.
Sad to say my family thought the chicken was bland and boring. Not sure what I could do to pump it up enough that they would eat it again. To each his own...thanks for sharing.
This was spicy! We definitely liked this one. I didn't have any coriander and used the sweet paprika. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag Game 2011.
Really good. We forgot the salt and pepper (oops) and so I think it would be even better had we included those. We ate the meat on a pitta with feta cheese (added a nice salty taste), and a yogurt/cucumber sauce. Will definitely make this again. Thanks!