Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
It is an attractive Istanbul specialty, served with ice cream in the summer.
Make and share this Kazan Dibi (Caramelized Milk Pudding) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornflour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- cinnamon (optional)
- Grease bottom of a baking pan of 25 x 30x 3 (9x13 x 1 1/2 inch).
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Put baking pan in hot oven, until sugar turns a light caramel colour, take out of oven set aside.
- Combine flour, cornflour and milk in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly in rotary fashion with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in sugar blending well.
- Simmer for 1 minute over low heat stirring gently and constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla; stir well.
- Spread into baking pan.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Place in a cold water bath.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove from water bath; chill.
- Dust with cinnamon when ready (optional).