Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
A caterer friend of ours gave this recipe to my DH, he made it for me last night and it is wonderful! The following recipe made 2 9 inch pies I used a variety of tomatos, yellow, orange, red and pink.
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- Cut up six tomatos and one medium onion, salt well. Put mixture in a colander and drain for at least 30 minutes.
- Add chopped basil and pepper to tomato and onion, mix well.
- In a bowl, mix the mayo and the cheese, spread over the tomato mixture.
- Place aluminum foil around the pie crust so it doesn't burn.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.