Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tasty marinade I made up in 2007. I mostly use it for chicken, but it's great on pork, as well.
- 3 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes (I use Herb-Ox)
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground peppercorn blend
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 -4 tablespoon honey
- Bring water to a boil, then add bouillon, stirring until it dissolves.
- Add garlic, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cayenne, pepper, cumin, coriander, sage, and honey.
- Reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about twenty minutes.
- Marinate chicken or pork for a few hours or overnight.
- Apply heat to the marinated chicken or pork with a method of your choice and enjoy!