Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have always liked this dish but never wanted to do all the fussing.....I have super-simplified it and the taste is wonderful! Takes all of about 20 minutes to prepare and 20 more minutes in the oven and POOF!, it's dinner! I serve this with a side of our favorite pasta to use up the remaining jar sauce and a green salad.
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup italian seasoned bread crumbs
- oil (for frying)
- 2 cups of your favorite prepared pasta sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Roll prepared shrimp in the bread crumbs and pan fry about 4 minutes on all sides till lightly browned. (I use a half and half mixture of peanut oil and olive oil for frying)
- Put half of the sauce into the bottom of a casserole dish, top with the shrimp, mozzarella, salt, pepper and parmesan.
- Cover with foil and place in a 350* oven for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with the parsley and additional parmesan if desired.