Recipe by Motivated Mama
These are SO easy! I am always on the look out for high protien, high fiber foods. I created this recipe on a whim and was incredibly impressed with the outcome... Good for you AND tasty!! Practically perfection in my book! It's made from Kashi Go Lean cereal which has 10g of fiber, 13g of protien and only 1g of fat per serving. There is lots of room for variation so have fun adding your own favorite fillers.
Top Review by Kate
I end up adding chocolate chips and a lot less honey. And (embarrassed pause here) melting some marshmallows to make it stick together better. It's the best, easiest cereal bar I've found. My kids LOVE it. Thank you.
- 3 cups Kashi Golean cereal
- 1 cup multi grain oats
- 1⁄2 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3⁄4 cup honey (I use creamed)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter (I use Valencia Peanut Butter with Roasted Flax Seeds from Trader Joe's, but regular peanut butter ca)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9 x 13 inch sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix oats, cereal, craisins, raisins and almonds in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix honey and brown sugar. Bring to a boil while stirring. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Stir just to blend well.
- Pour over cereal and fruit mixture. Stir and mix well. Press mixture FIRMLY onto pan. (You get to burn the calories before you eat them!) Let cool and cut into bars. Store in air-tight container. Freezes well, if securely wrapped.