Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice German side dish. I usually add a little more sour cream or milk to make them a little smoother.
- 5 medium potatoes
- fresh ground pepper
- boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons parsley, minced
- Peel and quarter potatoes.
- Cook in boiling salted water in medium-size saucepan until tender; drain.
- Mash, adding 1 tablespoon butter and the pepper.
- Add sour cream, horseradish, and minced parsley.
- Whip as for mashed potatoes.
- Place in serving bowl; top with 1 tablespoon melted butter and serve.
Yum! These are delicious. You really get the horseradish even though it isn't strong. I only used about 1/4 cup sour cream and it was fine, perfect texture for mashed potatoes. I didn't top with the 2nd tblsp. of butter as we were topping it with Recipe #278669 which worked well with the potatoes. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for ZWT X-tra Hot Dishes.
This was tasty, but a little dry. I think next time I'll add a little cream. Thanks for the recipe!
The horsradish gives a nice freshness to the potatoes. Not spicy. I did add 1/2 cup milk for more creaminess. Thanks. Made for ZWT 6