Pronounced kahr-fee-ol le-vesh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place cauliflower in a pot with stock, milk, and salt and bring to a boil.
- 2Cook until stalks can be easily pierced with a knife, but are still firm (7 minutes).
- 3In a small saucepan, make a roux, by heating the butter and mixing in the garlic and flour, stirring constantly until flour turns golden beige (3 minutes) (be careful not to scorch the flour and not to get any on you).
- 4Add the parsley and white pepper.
- 5Thin the roux with 1/2 cup of the cauliflower broth and slowly pour back into the soup.
- 6Simmer until cauliflower is done and soup no longer tastes floury (10 minutes).
- 7Let cool thoroughly.
- 8In a small bowl stir a little of the soup into the sour cream until smooth; return this to the remaining soup.
- 9Reheat before serving.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karfiol Leves (Hungarian Cauliflower Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.2
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 54.5 mg
- Sodium 1103.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 14.0 g