Hungarian Cauliflower and Cabbage Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 tbsp.vegetable oil
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth (vegetable broth if vegan)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- In a 4 or 5 quart nonstick pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the casbbage, onion, and garlic and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the paprika until it is absorbed.
- Add the broth and water, bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft. Add salt and pepper.
- Place 2 cups of the soup in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Stir puree back into soup. Stir in the yogurt and reheat if necessary, but do not boil.
- Serve in bowls, topped with additional yogurt dollops, if you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>This site has gotten so horribly bad over the past couple of years, I have stopped using it to manage my recipes and have gone over to using another one, which I have been forbidden to mention on Food.com. It's no secret that there are competitors; send me a message if you are in the same boat and would like to know. For now, I only frequent a few of the forums and that's it. The Titanic has sailed!</p>