Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy to make, great for the freezer!
- 12 ounces cottage cheese, 12 oz
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 2 c
- 2 eggs, 2
- 1⁄3 cup chopped parsley, 1/3 c
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 tsp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, 1/2 tsp
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, 1/8 tsp
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce, 32 oz
- 3⁄4 cup cooked ground beef, 3/4 c
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked 9
- 3⁄4 cup water, 3/4 c (for firmer pasta, decrease the water to 1/2 C per recipe)
- parmesan cheese, if desired
- Assembly Directions:.
- In a large bowl, mix cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese , eggs, parsley, onion powder, basil and pepper until well blended; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together spaghetti sauce and cooked ground beef. In a 9x13-inch glass baking dish or (2- 8x8-inch pans) spread 3/4 cup meat sauce on the bottom. Layer 3 uncooked noodles on top of the meat sauce. Next spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture and 1-1/2 cups meat sauce. Layer 3 more uncooked noodles on top of the meat sauce. Spread with remaining cheese mixture. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining meat sauce. Pour water around the outside edges.
- Freezing Directions:.
- Place dish in a 2-gallon freezer bag. Or, if you want to wrap it in foil, cover the top of the lasagna with wax paper or plastic wrap and then the foil, because the acid in the tomato sauce will leave small holes in the foil. Label, seal and freeze.
- Serving Directions: Remove pan from freezer and thaw at least overnight in the refrigerator. Bake covered at 375°F for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. To bake from the frozen stage, add 30 minutes to the total baking time.
This is a good make ahead meal. Lasagna is a lot of work so I am happy to have a recipe I can make for the freezer. My only problem was that my noodles turned out a little mushy. This might be my fault though, I do remember I used more sauce than the recipe called for. I also added some mozzarella on top for the last 15 minutes. Thanks for the recipe