Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
The other night I wanted salmon, but was busy rushing around the house cleaning and putting groceries away. I peered into the cupboard and grabbed four things that caught my attention, poured and measured them into a jar, put the lid on and shook. I poured it over the salmon, let it sit for 1/2 an hour and then grilled. My mother and husband kept raving all through dinner about how good the salmon was. I hope it was the marinade and not just hunger. These are the proportions (approx.) used.
- 1 kg salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Place salmon fillets (skin side up if applicable) in a big enough plastic container to allow one layer only.
- Measure vinegar, oil, fresh ginger and brown sugar into a jar, tighten lid and shake.
- Pour marinade over salmon, shake very gently to make sure marinade settles and place lid on container.
- Let sit for 1/2 an hour, or refrigerate if prepared much earlier.
- Grill on indoor grill according to manufacturers suggested cooking time for salmon, or bake in shallow pan, uncovered, for 20 minutes in 350` oven.
- Serve with a baby green salad and plain rice.