Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was what Sam the Cooking Guy''s mom made for school breakfasts. He calls it perfection on a plate. Since I don't eat real bacon, I have changed it just a bit.
- olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 eggs, over easy (or to your liking)
- 4 pieces toast (sourdough is excellent for this or whole grain bread)
- 8 slices veggie bacon, cooked and crispy
- Heat up a non stick pan with a little olive oil.
- Cook the onions until quite soft, about 7-8 minutes, then add tomato wedges. Cook a little longer until the tomatoes soften up.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- When the onions and tomatoes have softened nicely, add Worcestershire and mix well.
- Serve the toast on the bottom, then some onion mix, then the egg and then top with the bacon.
Yummy! Yummy! Loved the bit of additional sweetness using the Worcestershire sauce gave it! Thnx for posting, hon. Made for KcK's Forum.