Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an old family recipe that has become a comfort food and is requested every thanksgiving.
Make and share this Kansas Corn Scallop (Corn Fremont) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces cream-style corn
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package swiss cheese, diced
- 2 cups soda crackers, coarsely crushed
- 1. Drain liquid from whole kernel corn into a cup.
- 2. Beat eggs slightly in large bowl; stir in corn and 1/4 cup of liquid, cream corn, evap milk, butter, onion, salt, pepper, fold in crackers and cheese. Spoon fold in crackers and cheese. Spoon into greased 8 cup baking dish.
- 3. Bake in 325 degree oven for 1 hour or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.