Recipe by Giggle Girl
This is a recipe I found in Sunset magazine a few years ago, and finally had a chance to make them. They're very simple cookies, but tasty and go well with coffee or tea.
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream or 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 cups flour (approximate)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, cream, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- 2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In three batches, beat flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir in nuts with a wooden spoon.
- 3. Roll the touch into 1-in balls. Then roll out into fingers roughly the size of your pinkie, and lay out on ungreased baking sheets in the shape of a crescent. If the dough starts to get sticky, chill it for a few minutes to make it easier to work with.
- 4. Bake cookies until they're medium brown underneath and on edges, approximately 20-25 minutes, switching pan positions halfway through baking. Cool on racks.