Recipe by LizCl
This a delicious cookie. I always get raves when I make this. Another great recipe from my Aunt Sylvia.
Top Review by scarlie
Wow this is an old recipe. But it's the first time I wanted to see it.
This is not really a review. I just want to say - hmmmmph - that kamish bread is NOT a cookie. It is usually baked as a long roll, sort of, and cut into slices. No, it is not biscotti either.
Neither is Mandelbrot a cookie. It is a loaf, then cut into slices.
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 (6 ounce) pkge. chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Add sugar to beaten eggs and add vanilla to eggs.
- Sift flour and baking powder and put aside.
- Add dry ingredients and oil a little at a time, alternately, then add nuts and chocolate chips.
- Make 4 loaves.
- Put on 2 greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool 7 minutes and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Toast in oven for 10 minutes until crispy at low temperature (200 degrees).