Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This can be served as a side dish or main course. The kale is a great source of fiber and vegetarian source of iron. Adding it to the mac & cheese is an easy way to get your daily veggies while still having some comfort food!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or more if you like garlic!)
- 1 bunch kale
- 20 ounces Simply Macaroni & Cheese
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over med-high heat.
- Add 1 medium yellow onion minced and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cloves garlic minced (or more if you like garlic!) and saute until fragrant, 30-60 seconds while stirring frequently so it doesn't burn.
- Add one bunch (approx 8 oz or more) kale (tough stems removed and leaves chopped) to pan and toss to coat with onion/garlic/oil mixture.
- Add 1-2 tbsp water to pan and cover with lid. Allow kale to steam until bright green and tender approx 5 mins, tossing kale 1-2 times in the interim.
- Add 20 oz package Simply Macaroni and Cheese to skillet and stir to combine.
- Season with pepper, heat through and serve!