Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This can be served as a side dish or main course. The kale is a great source of fiber and vegetarian source of iron. Adding it to the mac & cheese is an easy way to get your daily veggies while still having some comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over med-high heat.
- 2Add 1 medium yellow onion minced and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add 2 cloves garlic minced (or more if you like garlic!) and saute until fragrant, 30-60 seconds while stirring frequently so it doesn't burn.
- 4Add one bunch (approx 8 oz or more) kale (tough stems removed and leaves chopped) to pan and toss to coat with onion/garlic/oil mixture.
- 5Add 1-2 tbsp water to pan and cover with lid. Allow kale to steam until bright green and tender approx 5 mins, tossing kale 1-2 times in the interim.
- 6Add 20 oz package Simply Macaroni and Cheese to skillet and stir to combine.
- 7Season with pepper, heat through and serve!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kale Mac N Cheese #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Macaroni & Cheese