Recipe by threeovens
This is a tasty salad with a Middle Eastern flair. It also includes one of my favorite ingredients - roasted cauliflower! The idea came from "Real Simple" magazine, and it is!
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 10 cups fresh kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing once, until golden, about 6 to 8 minutes (watch carefully as they burn easily); set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Toss cauliflower florets with the cayenne, 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; roast, tossing once, until tender and golden, about 20 minutes, depending on the size of your florets.
- Meanwhile, use a large bowl and whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (add more water if needed to achieve the consistency of heavy cream).
- To the bowl, add the kale, onion, raisins, pine nuts, and cauliflower; toss to combine and serve.