1/1 Photo of Kale and Roasted Cauliflower Salad With Tahini Vinaigrette
This is a tasty salad with a Middle Eastern flair. It also includes one of my favorite ingredients - roasted cauliflower! The idea came from "Real Simple" magazine, and it is!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 lbs cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 cups fresh kale, stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spread pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing once, until golden, about 6 to 8 minutes (watch carefully as they burn easily); set aside.
- 3Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- 4Toss cauliflower florets with the cayenne, 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; roast, tossing once, until tender and golden, about 20 minutes, depending on the size of your florets.
- 5Meanwhile, use a large bowl and whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (add more water if needed to achieve the consistency of heavy cream).
- 6To the bowl, add the kale, onion, raisins, pine nuts, and cauliflower; toss to combine and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kale and Roasted Cauliflower Salad With Tahini Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.3
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 138.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 13.3 g