Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pure adult pleasure!...I really don't think there is a better hot chocolate than this one!
Make and share this Kahlua Hot Chocolate recipe from Food.com.
- 5 ounces dark chocolate (140 grams, cut into small pieces)
- 2 cups full-fat milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- sugar (optional)
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- grated chocolate
- Heat the chocolate, milk and half and half cream over medium heat in a heavy saucepan, stirring until the chocolate has melted.
- Whisk until the mixture is hot and frothy.
- Add in sugar if desired.
- Add in the Kahlua and vanilla; contine to whisk until the mixture is hot.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate.
Holy hot chocolate, Batman! I made a large batch of this for a Christmas party and kept it warm in my crockpot. This is by far the best hot chocolate I've ever had! I used half milk and half cream as a substitute for the 1/2 and 1/2 (since it is, by its very nature, half cream and half milk - and I didn't want to spend the money on a carton of 1/2 and 1/2, haha), and used a combination of Hershey's Special Dark and a dark Lindt bar that I saw at the store. I can't wait to try this using white chocolate! Thanks for such a delicious recipe. :)