Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got this from a local restaurant. They're really good but the quantity is clearly industrial. I haven't made them yet, so I'm leaving the quantities as given to em.
- Note: Directions don't say when to add kaffir lime leaves. I'd suggest with the lemongrass and red pepper flakes.
- Heat oil in large saute pan ("rondo") and add red pepper flakes and lemongrass. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and sweat until soft but not at all browned.
- Add peanuts and saute 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and turn heat to low. Stir constantly for ~25 minutes. Do not allow sugar to burn,.
- Add salt and transfer to sheet pans to cool.