3 hrs 25 mins
A beautiful coffee cake. For a twist, add 1 cup chopped dried fruit before rolling. From the Minnesota Scandinavian chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat milk to scalding and pour over butter sugar and salt; let cool to lukewarm.
- 2Add yeast and let dissolve.
- 3Add eggs.
- 4Beat in flour to make a soft dough.
- 5Turn out on a floured board and knead until smooth and elastic.
- 6Form into a bowl and place in a greased bowl; cover and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- 7When risen, punch down and divide in two.
- 8Roll into rectangular sheets about 1/4 inch thick.
- 9Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 10Roll in jelly roll fashion and form into rings.
- 11Place on a greased baking sheet and cut with scissors at one inch intervals almost through the ring and turn the slices slightly.
- 12Cover and let rise until double.
- 13While dough is rising, preheat oven to 375°F.
- 14Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- 15Mix the confectioners sugar and milk together until a smooth glaze is formed.
- 16While warm, frost with glaze and sprinkle with nuts.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kaffeebröd - Swedish Tea Ring
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.5
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 307.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 35.9 g
- Protein 7.0 g