Recipe by Goldie174
Japanese pumpkin (Kabocha) salad. Kabocha's have green skin and inside is orange. The skin is edible.
- 1⁄4 kabocha squash
- 5 tablespoons japanese mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 10 g sliced almonds
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Spoon out the kabocha's seeds.
- Cut up the kabocha into large bite sized pieces.
- Saran wrap the kabocha on a plate and put it into a microwave to soften it up.
- Take about 1/5 of the kabocha off the plate (while it's still hot) and peel the skin off (if it's cold, it will be really hard to peel it off).
- Mash the peeled kabocha in a bowl.
- Mix white wine, Japanese mayonnaise, salt, and pepper (salt and pepper is to your taste) with the mashed kabocha.
- Add the rest of the kabocha and mix it all together.
- Sprinkle the sliced almonds and chopped parsley on top.