Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
Fun to bake and eat cookies.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F When ready to bake cookies, turn down to 375°F.
- Cream shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and eggs together.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to the shortening mixture and mix well with a spoon.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar with 2 teaspoons cinnamon.(You can add more sugar to balance the sugar and cinnamon to your liking).
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in the sugar and cinnamon. Place 12 to a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam.
- Bake 8 minutes. Immediately remove to paper towels or cooling rack to cool.