Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is no-fail (assuming using fresh corn :) yummy corn on the cob. The key is to remove the corn promptly once the water has come to a boil ---- leaving the corn in the pot even if you have turned off the heat will guarantee that your corn will be tough.
- Shuck the corn. DO NOT shuck until JUST before you are ready to put it in the pot.
- Fill a pot with cold water. Use a big enough pot so the ears of corn are not crammed into it. Sprinkle a pinch of sugar in the water to heighten the sweetness of the corn.
- Bring the water to a boil. When the water comes to a rapid boil, the corn is done. Depending on how big a pot you use, this can take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the corn immediately. Ideally, you will serve it right then. If not, put in a bowl or on a plate and cover loosely with foil. Anything is better than leaving it in the pot of boiling water : ).
- Spread with butter and enjoy!
Super simple and super good. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013.