Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Along long time ago I worked at McDonald's... well, I won't eat there anymore, but my kids sure wish we did. If you want "the real thing" use processed cheddar rather than real cheese.
- 6 eggs
- 6 pieces back bacon or 6 pieces sliced ham
- 6 teaspoons butter or 6 teaspoons margarine or 6 teaspoons oil
- 3 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 English muffins
- Preheat oven to about 325 degrees F.
- Butter a 6 muffin tin; reserve about 1/2 the butter.
- Break each egg in a tin, give one stab to each yolk with a fork.
- Put muffin tin in oven.
- Toast the English muffins, then butter with the reserved butter while hot and put in the oven with the eggs When eggs are cooked through (2-10 minutes) dump tin upside down on a cookie sheet Arrange a slice of back bacon or ham on the bottom muffin, then the egg, then the cheese.
- Trim if necessary Serve immediately.