Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe I came across that is supposed to be the famed sugar cookies from my Junior High School Cafeteria, Clark Jr. High in Vincennes, IN. I haven't tried them myself, but everyone says they are the very best so I'm getting them in so I can give them ago. Typically they are iced with a thick layer of butter cream icing as well.
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 5 1⁄4 cups flour
- Begin by creaming the powdered and granulated sugars with the butter and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time and then oil until incorporated. Gradually beat in dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Use a large scoop to drop on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.