Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 20 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water, cold
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Drain raspberries, reserving 1 cup of the juice.
- Combine crumbs, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon and the butter; pat into a 10-inch pie plate.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven, 8 to 10 minutes; cool.
- Soften gelatin in water.
- Mix the reserved raspberry juice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and lemon peel and heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat; add gelatin and stir until melted.
- Chill until mixture just begins to thicken.
- Whip cream; add vanilla.
- Fold raspberries, gelatin mixture and whipped cream together.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Decorate with additional whipped cream if desired.
Oh my god, this was soooo good. I made 3 of these for a cook out that my friend was having, and not a crumb was left. These were quick, and easy and just plain fabulous. I can't believe how many people asked for this recipe when the party was done. Thank you very much for this recipe Recipezaar!