Jumbo Caramel Banana Muffins
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Add bananas and vanilla; mix well.
- In a different bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups 3/4ths of the way full. Bake at 350 for 23-28 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and remove to a wire rack to cool.
- For icing in a saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk; bring to a boil. Cool slightly.
- Whisk in confectioners sugar. Transfer to a pastery bag or a plastic bag with the tip cut off and drizzle over muffins.