Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a muffin from Taste of Home.
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Add bananas and vanilla; mix well.
- In a different bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups 3/4ths of the way full. Bake at 350 for 23-28 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and remove to a wire rack to cool.
- For icing in a saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk; bring to a boil. Cool slightly.
- Whisk in confectioners sugar. Transfer to a pastery bag or a plastic bag with the tip cut off and drizzle over muffins.