Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I was a kid, we had everyday dishes and Sunday dishes. I've resisted putting this recipe up since this is just my everyday salad, but sometimes simple is pretty darn good.
- 4 leaves romaines lettuce, cut
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped and seeds removed (optional)
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss well, taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Transfer to serving bowl or separate salad bowls.
- Top with additional fresh ground pepper and parmesan.
Everyday I have a salad. In fact; quite often, I even eat salad for breakfast. So today I made Julie's Everyday Salad by puppitypup because I eat a salad everyday, and this being an everyday salad makes it the perfect salad for everyday and then some. Even for breakfast. Confused? So am I, but I know salad's everyday and this is the best everyday salad I have ever had. The only addition I added was for visual excitement were radishes, some shredded cheddar cheese and tomato. This is grand, Julie!