Top Review by Beep Beep Momma's Taxi
It was hot yesterday and this really tasted great! This is fun to make any time of year, but especially when the apples are fresh off the tree. I will make this again, (the kids say so)
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml flour
- tiny pinch kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 226.79 g crushed pineapple in juice
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- 226.79 g lite Cool Whip
- 5 large granny smith apples (do not peel)
- 473.18 ml dry roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine brown sugar, flour, salt, egg, pineapple and cider vinegar in a small pan.
- Heat on stove over medium high heat until thickened (about 5 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- Remove from stove and cool in refrigerator.
- After sauce has cooled, stir it together with the cool whip in a large bowl.
- Core apples and chop into bite size pieces.
- Mix apples and peanuts into sauce.
- Serve chilled.