Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Our family loves this salad, even the picky eaters! Cooking time is cooling time. This makes a huge bowl full, which makes wonderful leftovers, but feel free to halve or even quarter the recipe if needed. Inspired by Chef Ain't B's Caramel Apple Salad.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, salt, egg, pineapple and cider vinegar in a small pan.
- Heat on stove over medium high heat until thickened (about 5 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- Remove from stove and cool in refrigerator.
- After sauce has cooled, stir it together with the cool whip in a large bowl.
- Core apples and chop into bite size pieces.
- Mix apples and peanuts into sauce.
- Serve chilled.
It was hot yesterday and this really tasted great! This is fun to make any time of year, but especially when the apples are fresh off the tree. I will make this again, (the kids say so)