Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
From her original cookbook, a recipe from her friend's grandmother.
Make and share this Julie Goodwin's Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 185 g butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 60 g hazelnut meal (or almonds)
- 60 g dark chocolate, grated
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, add egg and vanilla, beat to incorporate.
- Mix the sifted flour and salt. Stir in the nuts, chocolate and coconut.
- Roll walnut sized balls of dough and place on a prepared tray with baking paper. Allow room for spreading and flatten with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes (until just golden around the edges, they will still be soft). Cool on trays to firm up a bit.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.