Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Green bean casserole is a favorite of so many of us. Green beans, creamy mushroom soup, and those delicious French Fried Onion Rings in a can, while it may not be healthy, is a classic dish you simply must have. You can have this Thanksgiving classic anytime of year by adding ground beef to this famous green bean casserole. This recipe is by Julia Owens. Kansas City, MO. 1971.
- 1 lb ground beef, seasoned to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) can French fried onion rings
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (2 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can celery soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Saute meat and mushrooms. Add beans 1/2 onion rings, celery soup and mix. Put into casserole dish and top with remaining onion rings. Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- I have also made this green bean casserole with frozen green beans with good results. There is alson a mix of frozen vegtables called Oriental mix that contains mushrooms, onions and broccoli that this casserole works well with too. Use your imagination on this one!