Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from my mother in law. I ask for it just as much as my husband does. It's awesome! I like to add shopped jalapeño to 1/2 the dish for me.
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 5 ounces skim milk (1/2 soup can)
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (13 ounce) bag plain Doritos
- 6 ounces salsa
- Cut up chicken into 1 inch cubes and cook in microwave for 15 minutes or boil. drain chicken.
- Add both soup cans, 1/2 can of milk, green chilies, onion flakes, and red pepper flakes to the chicken. Combine to make your chicken mixture.
- Put handful of chips on the bottom of a 9"x13" pan and crush lightly. Scoop 1/2 of chicken mixture over chips. Spread 1/2 the cheese over chicken mixture. Add another uncrushed layer of chips. Top with another layer of the remaining chicken mixture and cheese.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
This recipe is awesome. I have been making one similar to this for years. I use shredded leftover rotiserrie chicken instead of cubes. I often use fresh roasted dynamite chiles that I get every fall from a local farmers market or I deep fry 2 jalapenos, peel them and dice them up. Thanks so much for posting!
this was an awesome quick and tasty meal for the whole family