Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
Joy Behar's recipe from the View
Make and share this Joy's Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet Italian sausage (out of casings)
- 28 ounces italian-style crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1 lb) box lasagna noodle
- 1 lb whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 lb whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, for sprinkling at end
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and position the oven rack in the middle.
- To make the meat sauce, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook over medium-low heat until translucent (about 5 minutes). Add the garlic and stir for one more minute. Then add the sausage and cook over medium-low heat. Breaking it up with a wooden spoon, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until fully cooked and no longer pink. Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, basil, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Simmer uncovered over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Soak lasagna noodles in hot tap water.
- While the sauce is simmering, make the cheese filling In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, 1 cup of Parmesan, the beaten egg, chopped parsley, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Ladle one third of the meat sauce into a 9”x 12”x 2” casserole or baking pan. Spread the sauce over the bottom of the dish. Then add approximately half the pasta (in one layer, cover the sauce with the noodles), half the sliced mozzarella, half the cheese mixture, and one third of the sauce. Add another single layer of noodles, mozzarella, ricotta, and the remaining sauce Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of Parmesan.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling.
Best Lasagna I've ever made.
I have used this recipe Several times. My boyfriend loves it