2 hrs 5 mins
After flipping through some crock pot recipe books one evening we decided that, in the interest of being extra lazy, we would just start dumping things that we like into the old slow cooker. Amazingly this came out really tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn (corn & pepper mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken stock
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 5 pieces okra
- 1 link kielbasa
- 1 anaheim chili (or any mild chili pepper)
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- garlic powder (to taste)
- cumin (to taste)
- rice (prepared, to be served over)
- 1Add garbanzo beans, black beans, mexicorn, chicken stock, onion soup powder and half a can of water to the crock pot.
- 2Cut okra into rings.
- 3Slice kielbasa in half lengthwise and then cut across to make little half circles. Don't make them too thin, you want a good bite size piece.
- 4Slice pepper into lengthwise quarters and then slice into small strips. Remember to remove the seeds.
- 5Add the okra, kielbasa and pepper to the crock pot.
- 6Add the spices and give it a stir.
- 7Cook on high for about 2 hours. You don't have to worry about under cooking here since everything can be eaten as is. You're mainly heating everything through and getting all the flavors to marry up.
- 8Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Josh & Christa's Awesome Jambalaya, Good Job!
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.3
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 1101.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 19.3 g