Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
After flipping through some crock pot recipe books one evening we decided that, in the interest of being extra lazy, we would just start dumping things that we like into the old slow cooker. Amazingly this came out really tasty!
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn (corn & pepper mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken stock
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 5 pieces okra
- 1 link kielbasa
- 1 anaheim chili (or any mild chili pepper)
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- garlic powder (to taste)
- cumin (to taste)
- rice (prepared, to be served over)
- Add garbanzo beans, black beans, mexicorn, chicken stock, onion soup powder and half a can of water to the crock pot.
- Cut okra into rings.
- Slice kielbasa in half lengthwise and then cut across to make little half circles. Don't make them too thin, you want a good bite size piece.
- Slice pepper into lengthwise quarters and then slice into small strips. Remember to remove the seeds.
- Add the okra, kielbasa and pepper to the crock pot.
- Add the spices and give it a stir.
- Cook on high for about 2 hours. You don't have to worry about under cooking here since everything can be eaten as is. You're mainly heating everything through and getting all the flavors to marry up.
- Serve over rice.