Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Found in an old AllYou Magazine (Nov '09). I do not drink alcoholic beverages but have family that enjoy a glass of wine so I thought this might be a nice treat for them during Thanksgiving. Very simple to make and serve.
- 750 ml bottle zinfandel (or any fruity red wine)
- 946.36 ml cranberry juice, chilled
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 1 orange, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 firm apple, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml fresh cranberries
- Combine all ingredients in a pretty glass decanter. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Stir well and serve over ice. Garnish with extra orange slice if desired.
DH and I both love cranberry juice, so we both really enjoyed this sangria. I am keeping this recipe in mind for the holidays as this would go great with a holiday meal and the cranberries give it a very festive appearance. Made for ZWT 8 for The Fearless.
This makes a really refreshing drink, definitely holiday worthy. I made about a third of this, as it's just me drinking it. I did not have the orange juice, but used juice with a lot of pulp, and also added just a little fresh lime juice to give a little bit of zip. The cranberries looked cute bobbing around, and I have to say I did not mind their tartness when I ate them along with the apples. I had thought that might be a problem. I think I need to make another batch.....
Great recipe. This is so much better than I thought as I'm not a huge red wine drinker. The cranberry juice and freshly squeezed orange juice really made it for me, as did my favorite Zinfandel, Ravens Wood, a winery I've visited often when I lived in California. Thanks, HokiesMom! Made for ZWT8, team Diners, Winers, and Chives, Spain region.