Recipe by Cindy W.
You know how everyone always says, "I never liked meat loaf until I tried this one" -- well, here's another one. This is truly the only meat loaf I and my husband eat. It's different and full of flavor. The recipe was given to my sister by a good friend of her's, hence the name.
Top Review by Nor Cal Cook
Wow! I am a meat loaf lover, and have searched and searched for on my husband would eat. And this was it. He even had seconds! It is so moist and flavorful. My only recommendation is to watch it carefully - I cooked mine in one loaf, and it was done in 65 minutes at 400. Thanks for this great addition to our meal plans!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb maple sausage
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup dry Stove Top stuffing mix (cornbread flavor is best)
- 1⁄4 cup honey-flavored barbecue sauce (I use Kraft brand)
- garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together, keeping mixture light and chunky. Don't overmix.
- Place mixture in ungreased loaf pan. Dent top of loaf and baste with extra Honey BBQ sauce.
- Place loaf in oven and bake at 400-425 for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes for a single loaf. (Mixture can be divided into two loaf pans. Use 350 degree oven and shorten cooking time to 40 minutes.).
- Let loaf rest for 10 minutes before removing to serving plate for slicing. (If leaving in loaf pan, drain excess oil and juices from pan after meat rests.).