1/1 Photo of Johnny Jalapeno's Cheddar Cakes
Cheddar Cakes, Famed and named after by the famous outlaw, 'Johnny Jalapeno'! Ok, they are really johnny cakes with jalapeño and cheddar (but it coulda have happened that way) :P *Make up a story about this fictional character around the campfire while rising and cooking them. If your really talented, make them in the shape of a jalapeno pepper!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the dry ingredients in a stainless steel bowl. Combine the liquid ingredients in a separate bowl using a whisk.
- 2Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk together. Allow to rest for 30 minutes before cooking.
- 3When ready to cook stir in the jalapeno and cheddar cheese. Cook on a lightly oiled griddle or low sided pan.
- 4When the first side has cooked to a golden brown, flip and cook second side. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Johnny Jalapeno's Cheddar Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 80.3 mg
- Sodium 710.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g