Johnny Jalapeno's Pineapple, Cranberry, and Jalapeno Chutney
photo by pattikay in L.A.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, well drained and patted dry with paper towels
- 8 ounces cranberry sauce (with berries if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- Stir together pineapple, cranberry sauce, sugar, ginger, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer about 5 minutes till thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in jalapenos and shallot. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Used whole berry cranberry sauce for this recipe & just 1 small jalapeno, along with the rest of the indicated ingredients & came away with an OUTSTANDING chutney! Might very well be excellent on ham, but it is also a wonderful dip for chicken fingers & a spread for multigrain bread squares or crackers! Absolutely a keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe cooking game]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Original Zaaarite. Food lovers. Lynnda passed away in March 2020. Her recipes live on here for everyone to enjoy and Rick continues the tradition. We will forever live together through our food. Live well. Eat well.?