Recipe by Snicklefritzie
This is a hearty sandwich that was given to us by some good friends a while back. They are spicy, but men of all ages seem to love them. They go together quickly.
Top Review by Cookin' Mainiac
We loved this one! I'm always looking for new ways to use sausage (one of my favorite foods) and this sounded easy. SO GOOD! I used american cheese instead of the velveeta, but that is the only change I made. The roll was crusty on the outside and so gooey and delicious inside. It was spicy, but not too spicy for us. DH gave this 4 1/2 stars (he's never given anything higher than a 4 yet!) This is good football food for sure.
- 453.59 g hot sausage, fried and crumbled
- 6 hoagie rolls, preferrably not pre-split
- 226.79 g melted Velveeta cheese (or 1 small jar Cheese Whiz)
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 118.29 ml grilled onion
- 59.14 ml sliced pickled jalapeno pepper
- 59.16 ml butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice a "V" in top of buns. Set tops aside.
- Scoop out center of buns, leaving a shell 1/2 inch thick.
- Butter inside of buns and tops.
- Layer with cheese whiz, sausage, cheese whiz, onions, jalapenos and mozzarella cheese. Replace lids.
- Wrap completely in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- In a pinch, these can be done in the microwave, but they are much better in the oven.(Sans foil, of course).