Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a hearty sandwich that was given to us by some good friends a while back. They are spicy, but men of all ages seem to love them. They go together quickly.
- Slice a "V" in top of buns. Set tops aside.
- Scoop out center of buns, leaving a shell 1/2 inch thick.
- Butter inside of buns and tops.
- Layer with cheese whiz, sausage, cheese whiz, onions, jalapenos and mozzarella cheese. Replace lids.
- Wrap completely in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- In a pinch, these can be done in the microwave, but they are much better in the oven.(Sans foil, of course).
We loved this one! I'm always looking for new ways to use sausage (one of my favorite foods) and this sounded easy. SO GOOD! I used american cheese instead of the velveeta, but that is the only change I made. The roll was crusty on the outside and so gooey and delicious inside. It was spicy, but not too spicy for us. DH gave this 4 1/2 stars (he's never given anything higher than a 4 yet!) This is good football food for sure.
These were great. Real "Man Food" haha. (Even though I enjoyed them too!) I made as directed but left out the onion because I didn't have any. I used all hot sausage because we like things spicy. They were very easy to make too. Thanks so much for posting this keeper!
Have made these twice now. The first time I made exactly as directed and they were great! The second time, I did half hot sausage and half hamburger to reduce the heat for some friends. I ran out of Velveeta half way through and finished them off using Kraft Singles. They were still great. We loved these sandwiches! Thanks Snicklefritzie!