Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe, but it sounds interesting with using the sour cream.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons shallots, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 3 tablespoons chives
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Cook fettuccine in boiling salted water, to which the oil has been added.
- Rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Saute the shallots in the butter for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then add the half and half, sour cream, Parmesan, chives and salt.
- Fold mixture through the pasta, blending well.
- Serve immediately or, if serving later, turn into a greased pan, such as a ring mold and bake at 400F for 10 minutes just before serving.