Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have been making these sausage balls for many years now. I always make them around christmas and thanksgiving for partys and just to have around the house for friends that stop by. They are great! A Must Try Appetizer.
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Note: You can use mild or hot pork sausage depends on what you like.(i prefer Jimmy Dean).
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease bottom and sides of cookie sheet.
- Stir together all ingredients, using hands or spoon. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place in pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm with sauce for dipping.
These are exactly the recipe a fried uses and I've just made them for the first time myself and they're perfect. I'm not a rosemary fan so I used 1/2 the rosemary and the rest fresh thyme and a sprinkle of powder. My friend sometimes changes up the sausage, either using hot breakfast or even Italian sausage w/ cheddar, parmesan, garlic and basil. Such an awesome recipe:)
These were amazing! I made them for New Years and they got gobbled up so fast the guests that took their time to show missed out. Everyone loved them and I will be making them again in the future. I served them with Roasted Garlic Sauce from another recipe.
These were made on 12/24/09 for Christmas Eve munchies, and I'm sorry I waited till now to rate this. I followed the recipe as it was written. But I do think that if these are made again, I'm cutting the amount of baking mix down to 2 1/2 cups of baking mix. I really liked the addition of the rosemary and parsley. Thanks for posting and " Keep Smiling :) "