1/1 Photo of Joanna's Easy Homemade Ricotta
Missy Wombat's Note:
Joanna originally comes from Sicily and is the cook at my daughter's daycare. She makes wonderful wholesome food for babies through to preschoolers and most of them eat her food most of the time! This even works with UHT treated milk which means that you can make ricotta a about 1/3 to 1/4 of the usual store price!
My Private Note
- 1Mix the milk and the juice together in a saucepan.
- 2Heat the milk slowly stirring continuously and curd will form as the temperature increases.
- 3Keep heating and stirring until just short of boiling.
- 4Do not allow to boil.
- 5Line a sieve with a double layer of clean cheesecloth and pour the milk mixture through the sieve.
- 6The milk mixture will separate leaving ricotta cheese in the muslin and whey in the container underneath.
- 7Put the ricotta in the refrigerator and use within the next 48 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joanna's Easy Homemade Ricotta
Serving Size: 1 (1096 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.6
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Sodium 253.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 17.0 g