Chef #208121's Note:
From the Retro Diner Cookbook a good ole fashioned breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 lb cooked sausage, crumbled
- 1 medium cooked potato, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup peeled tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked spinach, chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1In a cast iron skillet or other heavy skillet melt the butter and add the onion, green pepper, sausage and potato. Heat and stir.
- 2Mix the salt, hot sauce, tomato and spinach in a bowl then gently stir into eggs.
- 3Pour this into the sausage mix. Stir gently and scrape off of bottom of the skillet until the eggs become set.
- 4Sprinkle the parsley and the cheese on top.
- 5Serve with hot sauce, salsa, biscuits or cornbread.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jo Jo's Diner Breakfast Special
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.8
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 493.7 mg
- Sodium 978.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 26.5 g