Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Retro Diner Cookbook a good ole fashioned breakfast.
Make and share this Jo Jo's Diner Breakfast Special recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 lb cooked sausage, crumbled
- 1 medium cooked potato, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup peeled tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cooked spinach, chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a cast iron skillet or other heavy skillet melt the butter and add the onion, green pepper, sausage and potato. Heat and stir.
- Mix the salt, hot sauce, tomato and spinach in a bowl then gently stir into eggs.
- Pour this into the sausage mix. Stir gently and scrape off of bottom of the skillet until the eggs become set.
- Sprinkle the parsley and the cheese on top.
- Serve with hot sauce, salsa, biscuits or cornbread.
This was nice. I omitted the potatoes and black pepper and subbed goat cheese for Parmesan as per diet restrictions, and it was still good. I have a feeling you could add or subtract a lot from the recipe and still it would taste good. I would have subbed in sweet potatoes, but I didn't have any on hand. I'll try it next time.
Very tasty recipe. I substituted bacon for sausage and used frozen hashbrowns in place of the potatoe (added to bacon while cooking to brown up). Also used some grated havarti cheese in place of some of the parmesan.