Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Retro Diner Cookbook a good ole fashioned breakfast.
Make and share this Jo Jo's Diner Breakfast Special recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 lb cooked sausage, crumbled
- 1 medium cooked potato, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup peeled tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cooked spinach, chopped
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a cast iron skillet or other heavy skillet melt the butter and add the onion, green pepper, sausage and potato. Heat and stir.
- Mix the salt, hot sauce, tomato and spinach in a bowl then gently stir into eggs.
- Pour this into the sausage mix. Stir gently and scrape off of bottom of the skillet until the eggs become set.
- Sprinkle the parsley and the cheese on top.
- Serve with hot sauce, salsa, biscuits or cornbread.