Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Yummy meat sauce that my dad makes.
- 1 lb vermicelli
- 1 lb Ragu tomato sauce
- 18 ounces Hunts tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 medium red onion
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground round (approx 15-22% meat fat)
- garlic salt
- parmesan cheese
- Peel garlic cloves, place in chopster and mince.
- Cut up onion, place in chopster and mince.
- Place minced garlic and onion on a small plate.
- Piece apart meat and place in a large pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread garlic and onion over meat.
- Brown meat, onions and garlic over medium heat.
- Add Ragu and tomato sauce to pot and mix ingredients together. (Note: you can add more sauce for a thinner consistency).
- Sprinkle garlic salt to taste.
- Put lid on pot.
- Turn heat down to low and allow sauce to simmer for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.