Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adele used to mix them and Jim baked them.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream sugars and fats,add peanut butter and mix well.
- Add eggs and vanilla, then the dry ingredients sifted together,mix well.
- Shape into small balls, place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet,.
- Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar,.
- Bake in 375 oven until delicately brown, about 7 - 10 minutes.