Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are just really cool. I made these one day when I didn't have enough flour to make a doughnut recipe that I found on this site, and I am almost glad that I didn't. These have a really neat texture to them, and a sweet flavor.
- In a large wok or 3-inch deep saute pan, heat about 1 1/2 inches of oil in the bottom to about 325F-350F over medium heat (I used a wok for the frying and I would recommend it) In a medium bowl, stir together the first 5 ingriedents.
- Stir in the last 4.
- On a cutting board or counter top spread a layer of corn meal and turn the dough out onto the prepared surface.
- Pat the dough out to about 1/2-inch thick and cut into 16 strips.
- Form the strips into doughnut circles and fry 2 at a time in the oil for about 15-20 seconds on each side (they do cook very fast, so try to watch them).
- After they are done, let them cool on a wire rack and then toss them in the sugar or cinnamon sugar.