Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from an old family recipe collection. I like it cause it is simple and easy, and saves on dish and utensil cleanup. I enjoy cooking and baking, but like things to be simple and easy...
- 1 1⁄2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar
- Preheat Oven to 350°Melt Chocolate and shortening in microwavable container. 2 minutes on medium power.
- Break into liquid measuring cup, 1 egg. Fill to 1 cup level, sour cream. Approximately 1 cup.
- In Small bowl, measure flour, salt, soda, sugar and blend well --
- Grease 8 X 8 pan.
- Add all the above ingredients and mix well.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
I went back for 3 pieces.And I'm not much of a cake eater.was like tender chocolate melting in your mouth.and so easy to make.had no squares, so melted 4oz chocolate chips with 3 tab. butter. and cooked 35min.Thanks so much for this one,Cat