1/1 Photo of Jhal Muri
Very popular London street food that originated from India. It is vegetarian and would a great light meal or side dish for the summertime!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal (Muria)
- 1/4 cup chickpea noodles (Seva)
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, with skin crushed
- 1/4 cup fried lentils (Channa Dala)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, chopped
- 1/4 mild onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coconut meat, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch chat masala, spice
- 1 pinch garam masala, spice
- 1 teaspoon mustard oil
- 1Mix puffed rice, peanuts, chickpea flour noodles, and fried lentils together in a pot.
- 2Add tomato, cucumber, mung beans sprouts, ginger, mild onion, coconut, cilantro, and coriander.
- 3Add tamarind sauce, lime juice, chat masala, garam masala and mustard oil. Mix well.
- 4Serve in a bowl or a cone made from newspaper. Eat with a spoon.
Nutritional Facts for Jhal Muri
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.0
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 486.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: