Recipe by MacChef
Very popular London street food that originated from India. It is vegetarian and would a great light meal or side dish for the summertime!
Top Review by Fishwitha H.
I am hooked...every bite is a taste explosion..How have I live for 55 years on this planet and never tasted something so good. I hope I don't burn out on it. I have eaten this for three days straight. I modified my recipe using pomegranate instead of coconut and the extra burst of favor it dynamite! You must try this.
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal (Muria)
- 1⁄4 cup chickpea noodles (Seva)
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, with skin crushed
- 1⁄4 cup fried lentils (Channa Dala)
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, chopped
- 1⁄4 mild onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coconut meat, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch chat masala, spice
- 1 pinch garam masala, spice
- 1 teaspoon mustard oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix puffed rice, peanuts, chickpea flour noodles, and fried lentils together in a pot.
- Add tomato, cucumber, mung beans sprouts, ginger, mild onion, coconut, cilantro, and coriander.
- Add tamarind sauce, lime juice, chat masala, garam masala and mustard oil. Mix well.
- Serve in a bowl or a cone made from newspaper. Eat with a spoon.